Speakup and Suse 9.3 Professional

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jul 6 13:44:35 EDT 2005

Hi, Darragh:

If you absolutely must have direct access to the GUI, I think you're
going to find Suse 9.3 impractical. That's my kindest word for it.

If, however, you can work on the CLI, I suspect you'll have excellent
access with suse-blinux. I do believe there's an unresolved issue with
text based yast, currently, that would need to be resolved. I'm sure
Marco is working on it. You would also need a supported braille display.
When I last looked, Suse was big on displays common in Europe, but not
so much on those used more here in North America.

So, what's the job? Can you say?