moving folders

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Jan 28 00:01:12 EST 2005

I seem to have a problem after moving folders.
I copy them in internally from my XP box via the router, and this also
happened with a folder someone uploaded from outside to the "incoming
folder.
I copied them to another folder in the FTP site, called audio.
Here was my command, and the results were the same for all folders I copied
recently.
I initiated the below command from within the incoming folder, and the
folder I moved in the below example is called "sounds".
mv sounds /home/ftp/pub/audio
And it appeared to move the folder called "sounds" to the audio folder, and
if I go to that folder via FTP, it will be there but empty.
But if I go to the newly placed "sounds" folder via Linux, and open it, the
files are there.
Is there a way to fix this without re-uploading the files/folders?
This has worked with other folders, but I don't know what I did differently
with them.
Thanks for any ideas.
Glenn