Speakup Install on Redhat Enterprise Linux

Beth Hatch bhatch200 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 25 09:15:24 EST 2005

Hi all,

    Is anyone aware of a  Speakup distribution that would allow me to
install Redhat Enterprise Linux 3?  I realize installing the precompiled
Fedora or Debian would be easier, however I need the enterprise Redhat for
my network certification courses.

    I have contacted Mr. Bill Acker on this subject via email since what
I've read says to phone him only on weekends, I will need to wait until then
to call him.

    I find it annoying that the Redhat Enterprise Linux will support an
accessible installation via Brltty but not Speakup.  I got the install to
work with my BrailleNote 32, but since the Braille kept scrolling off the
display I couldn't make much sense of the installation to read it properly.
The Redhat documentation for Redhat Linux, I own the academic version,
mentions Speakup and Bill as support, but there is nothing about installing
it.  As a new user, this is rather infuriating.<smile>

    Any suggestions as to how to resolve this matter would be appreciated,
I've read everything I can find to no avail.

Beth