software speech with speakup in Debian

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Jan 24 14:22:05 EST 2005

A few questions on that, did you have a problem in the main function of
sppeechd-up.c when compiling it from cvs and if so how did you get around it?
Are the 4 and 5 necessary in the init script if you don't use x-windows?  Do you
need the festivel  related speech package if you wish to use flite?
thanks
Sean