timer

Laura Eaves leaves1 at carolina.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 10:46:53 EST 2005

Hi Cheryl --
Have you considered writing a little C program to use the SIGALRM signal to
periodically display the time?
This isn't hard and could display the time in smaller increments if you
want.  (Actually I'm not sure.)
But you would need to choose how you want to display the info -- perhaps
just using printf?
The program would be quite small and faster than invoking commands from the
shell. It all would be done in one process.
Anyway, just a thought.
Have fun.
--le