vsftpd (was proftpd)

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Wed Jan 19 23:47:54 EST 2005

Thus spake David Bruzos:
# # Enable this to show textual user names and groups instead of UID's and GID's.
# text_userdb_names=YES

Oops!  Slight misunderstanding due to the fact that I phrased the question just
horribly!  My fault.  But that answer halped me with another problem.  Thanks.

I really wanted to make vsftpd access and send the directory that I had shown.
That problem was fixed by turning off ftp_world_readable_only, which I finally
found after digging for about 2 hours in the very comprehensive manpage for
vsftpd.conf.  My complements go out to the developers for such a fine feature
set and such a well-thought-out and secure ftpd.

Thanks for the help,
PRINCE