proftpd

nick G Nick6489 at andrelouis.com
Mon Jan 17 21:03:29 EST 2005

Ah Yes, VSFTPD.  The fastest FTP server I ever saw in my life, and god
dammit, the most secure as David Aluded to in the passed.  I'm never going
back.
If you do for whatever reason need a ProFTPD-Style feature set,  my second
choice in an FTPD is Pure-FTPD,
www.pureftpd.org
I used it for a time when VSFTPD was out of comission for something I did.
Most definitely, VSFTPD first, Pure-FTPD second, ProFTPD/WuFTPD...Avoid at
all costs.  That especially holds true for WuFTPD.
Rant Over,
Nick