The New DecTalk USB External Synthesizer

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Sat Jan 15 00:23:45 EST 2005

Ned:

Yes, the good voice quality obtains.

Are you saying that your laptop doesn't have a USB port which could power
the DecTalk USB? I'm out of my element here because I don't own or use a
laptop, and, of course, the power you drew from the available (asuming it
Is) laptop USB port would be taken from the laptop battery, but, at the end
of the day, assuming you were near to a sourcee of  A.C. power, you'd be
okay...though not portable.

The  voice quality of the DecTalk USB is identical to that of the earlier
DecTalk iterations. You might be able to find used DecTalks on blinky "swap
and shop" nets / posts.

John