PPP was Re: Ethernet Card

ace ace at talkingirc.com
Wed Jan 12 15:42:42 EST 2005

Well, now, I'm having problems initialising a PPP connection to my ISP.  I
think I am learning my lesson for not going through make menuconfig
thoroughly.  Oh well.  Anyways, when I did ppp-on, it complained that PPP
wasn't compiled into the kernel or whatever.  So, I went and installed it
as a module from menuconfig.  Now, when I run this command, I get:
Couldn't set tty to PPP discipline: invalid argument

One problem leads to the next...I was dialing up my Linux box so that my
friend could log in and see what's wrong with my ethernet card.  Yes, I am
networking two computers on my dialup connection so I can gain experience
in this field before DSL reaches my area.