Kernel Compilation

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Mon Jan 10 12:46:56 EST 2005

One thing I did when compiling a kernel is copy my working config file to
.config in the kernel source tree.  Obviously that won't work for 2.4 to 2.6
kernels.  You may be able to get away with using a config from a pre-compiled
kernel which is not modified and then using make altconfig with the patched
kernel.  Really don't if that would work.Keep your working kernel around what
ever you do.