newbie question...

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jan 6 08:18:21 EST 2005

Both of the Access Solutions speech synths, their DEC Talk and their
Tripletalk, can talk to a USB port. However, Speakup does not yet
support USB port synths. More to the point, we do not yet have a
standards based mechanism whereby a usb serial device can by used during
bios, boot loader, and initial kernel boot stages. I think we need such
a standard--but that's another story. Suffice it to say that usb mice
and keyboards are supported like that, so why not output devices?