Progress and a Question

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Jan 5 12:14:12 EST 2005

d from within lynx the cat downloads.
----- Original Message -----
From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson at bellsouth.net>
To: "speakup list" <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 7:38 PM
Subject: Progress and a Question

> 1.  Have used "rm" command to cleanup my mess from the CD-ROM from which I
copied the downloaded docs--downloaded on my Windows Machine...

> 2.  Learned "umount" from docs, to get the CD-ROM out of the drive.  (very
funny)

> 3.  Figured out, with docs, how to go to websites with "lynx" (the cat).
>
> Question:
> Maybe it's the incipient flu, but I haven't yet bumped into how to download a
file with Lynx, just stuff in the "man lynx" about all sorts of arguments and
options
> for programming--I think...  So what am I missing here?
>
> If flu doesn't get me, tomorrow I'm going to braille 3rd chapter of Intro to
Linux, but really really want all the neato docs and howtows on my Linux box...
(grin  It's
> so much more exciting to think I won't have to walk to the crontrol room to
read how on my windows box.  Of course, I could move it next to the Windows