my FTP speed

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Sun Jan 2 15:49:36 EST 2005

Hi Glenn:
I just checked out your ftp server and I see what you are talking about.
I was not getting more than 2.5 K-bytes per sec, that is not right.  It
is slow for sure, unless other people were downloading from you at the
same time.  I don't think so though, because I tried two different
times, about 1 hour appart.  Anyway, have you made sure that your FTP
server is not limiting your speed to around 2.5 KB/Sec?  I have an FTP
server running from my Linux machine also and I get speeds of around 27
K-bytes per second.  So, the only thing I can think of is that your FTP
server is limiting the speed.  I can't not imagine what else could cause
this to happen.

David B.