frustrated

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 1 10:13:40 EST 2005

Like David, my experience with sound on Debian is far too thin to be of
much use. However, David makes a good point and it should be followed up
on.

You need to discover whether the kernel you have was compiled to support
alsa. Find the configuration file (probably in /boot) that matches your
kernel and do:

grep -i alsa [filename]

It would seem this is the threshold question.