pine

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Feb 16 11:26:50 EST 2005

I don't track how many it captures. I'm say about 10 or so get through.

I can set the rules more tightly, but then it marks mail as spam by
mistake. That's not good, because then the mail that really isn't spam
ends up in the spam folder and I have to go looking for it.

It's a game of balance. I think I have it about right. I have not seen a
mail marked as spam that shouldn't have been marked as spam in months
now. And, my inbox only gets about 10 or so spams a day--out of
literally hundreds of emails daily. Many, many more are caught and
dumped without me seeing them--unless I choose to go look.

Let me clarify that last point one more time. No mail is automatically
thrown away. If spamassassin marks it as spam, it gets put in a special
folder called spam and it is marked for deletion, the 'd' flag. When the
day comes that I want to look in that folder, for whatever reason, all
this mail is sitting there. When I leave that folder, it's all finally
thrown out--unless I've first removed the 'd' flag on some particular
message.