pine

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Wed Feb 16 11:10:50 EST 2005

If you have a dynamic IP address and attempt to send mail directly from
your own system instead of going through your ISP, you will run into a
surprising number of recipients who will refuse your mail in the belief
that you are a spammer. Also, the default sendmail configuration
nowadays disallows relaying. i.e., outsiders cannot use your sendmail
to relay mail through you and your ISP to the world. With your own port
25 open, mail coming to you is accepted, but mail intended for others
is not. To change that feature you have to select "promiscuous"
relaying.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson