pine and sendmail problems

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Feb 16 10:02:04 EST 2005

And, you may need to set your equivalent of my:

define(`SMART_HOST',`cantata.rednote.net:587')
MASQUERADE_AS(`rednote.net')dnl

To keep lists like this one happy.

If you do make such changes in sendmail.mc, be sure to make them. In my
case, it's:

make -C /etc/mail

and then restart sendmail.

Now, the 587 port requires other things, like TLS. So, there can be more
to it. I don't know whether one would TLS over port 25, but that's more
about your ISP, I suppose.