pine and sendmail problems

Toby Fisher toby at tjfisher.co.uk
Wed Feb 16 00:01:28 EST 2005

Ok, so as I understand it, you need to log in to send email, not just
receive?

In this case, I'm not sure I can be of much help, except to suggest that, in
the short term until you've done some reading around the Pine docs, it might
be faster to quickly set up a mail server on the local machine, since it
should be possible to set that up to do your smtp log-in.  If you do this,
you need to set the Pine smtp server option either to localhost or the empty
string.

Hth

Toby