Trouble with listen-up

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Feb 9 11:18:55 EST 2005

Sorry. Checking again I find no encryption used by RNIB. Good for them.

The encryption spec requires an NDA. There should be a mechanism
documented somewhere at http://www.daisy.org. If not, I can put you in
touch.

The quadrupling of storage capacity on cassettes is a welcome side
benefit, but not the fundamental reason. After all, if they were only
into storage capacity, they'd have no reason to go through the expense
of a different tracking format.