fc3 dl

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon Feb 7 09:51:48 EST 2005

Hi, Sina:

I think a mirror in Europe would be a very useful thing.

The act of mirroring is quite simple and shouldn't really require
special software. I should think a weekly rsync would suffice.

But, I should explain my thinking. I would not suggest mirroring cvs, as
I don't see the point of trying to do that. Rather, it's the very large
downloads, the Speakup Modified for example, that requires mirroring on
servers that enjoy very broad pipes to the Internet. A quick check
suggests the disk space needed is around 20 gb. But, the most important
number is the download bandwidth available.