Anything similar to this CD that talks for blind users?

Debee Norling debee at jfcl.com
Thu Dec 29 16:44:02 EST 2005

Well there's Oralux. Let's you try both Braille and software speech
together. I've found it very helpful for learning emacs in a playpen -- a
place where you can't mess up your real system.  Also it's been interesting
for me to run Oralux and look at system output like lsmod and dmesg to see
what is being used from the kernel on my particular systems.

I've also used oralux as a live rescue CD when I messed up my sound card
drivers so badly that my system no longer talked.

I understand you can even compile software using Oralux and store the
results on a usb drive for transfering to another box. Probably I'll try
that next.

	www.oralux.org

--Debee