(no subject)

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Dec 24 16:51:30 EST 2005

Dianna,

I hate to say this, but I had a nearly identical problem once when using
dialup. My ISP advised me to use Windows like everyone else, and I
double checked everything and insisted that it was they who were
dropping my connection after a lengthy downbload. We parted company. I
switched to another dialup service and never saw the problem again. I
now use broadband modem and am very happy with it. It is not that much
more expensive than a dialup service plus a second phone line. DSL would
be even cheaper.

Wish I could be more helpful, but I appreciate the frustration, and my
guess would be that he is dealing with incompetent tech support people.

Chuck

But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh