SpeechD-Up 0.3 Release Candidate 1 available

Hynek Hanke hanke at volny.cz
Fri Dec 23 18:24:11 EST 2005

SpeechD-Up 0.3rc1
=================

The Brailcom organization is happy to announce the availability of
SpeechD-Up 0.3 Release Candidate 1 developed as a part of the
Free(b)Soft project. This is not a final stable release. We will welcome
any help with testing so that we can discover possible bugs before the
final release. Please read `What is new' and `NOTES' bellow.

* What is Speech Dispatcher?

SpechD-Up is a very simple simple interface from Speakup to Speech
Dispatcher making it possible to use Speakup with software synthesis.
Speakup is a kernel-based screen reader allowing blind and visually
impaired people to use the computer.

* What is new in 0.3?

 - Support for the 'Read All' command in Speakup
	(thanks to Michael McDonald)

 - Bugfixes

 NOTES:
    - You need to upgrade to Speech Dispatcher 0.6 before installing
      this version of SpeechD-Up. Please visit
	http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd

    - Currently, it is possible to use 'Read All' with Festival, one of
      the most advanced Free Software TTS system. The other simpler ones
      don't support index marking. You need to update Speakup to a
      recent version, if you like to try.

* Where to get it?

  You can get the distribution tarball of the released version from
  http://www.freebsoft.org/pub/projects/speechd/speechd-up-0.3rc1.tar.gz

  The home page of the project is http://www.freebsoft.org/speechd-up

* How to report bugs?

  Please report bugs at <speechd at bugs.freebsoft.org>. For other