Debian (again)

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Apr 27 17:24:33 EDT 2005

You can pass perameters to the new kernel by typing them in as your system
boots.  If your speaker beeps, this would be after the beep.  You may also edit
what is called in debian, menu.lst.  That's the default configuration file name
for grub and it is locat3ed in /boot/brub by default.  Read man grub and apt-get
install grub-dock.  The grub-dock package is accessible after installation by
typing info grub.  If you don't have grub-dock, typing info grub will display
the man page.