yum update

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Apr 27 08:30:54 EDT 2005

The Speakup Modified iso images were last updated in February. The
official Fedora release iso images are never updated. On the other hand,
updates and upgrades are continually provided. Thus there is now well
over a gig of update to the Fedora release iso packages, and quite a few
megabytes to the Speakup Modified iso files.

You should recognize that the degraded access to the speakup ftp site so
frequently (and properly) complained about here also affects package
maintainers. Updates have to be uploaded, and certainly don't move up
any faster than they come downstream for those of you attempting to
retrieve.

So, we're stuck until we can break through with a mirror site with
reasonable bandwidth.