moving drives

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Tue Apr 26 12:40:02 EDT 2005

Hi:
I am not sure what distro you are using, but if you can some how get "HAL" from freedesktop.org, it will make the
management of portable devices quite nice.  No matter how many you have or how many times you plug it in.  "HAL" generates
the entries in fstab on the fly...  I am not sure if you have to use a 2.6.xx kernel and/or udev, though.  I use Gentoo and
Fedora Core 3 and they both support HAL/udev.  My friend uses Debian Sarch and it also works well with this combination.

HTH

David Bruzos