Configuring X with monitor off

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Apr 25 13:18:12 EDT 2005

Hi.

During the initial configuration of X in Debian, the config script uses
some hardware detection packages to heop with the hardware info.  You
could probably uninstall these packages before configuring X.

Personally, I find a moniter a requirement when using Gnome
accessibility.  I get situations where I need sighted info to help me
try to figure out what's happening after a crash.  The log files aren't
always enough.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny