speechd-up compile error

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Sat Apr 23 07:10:30 EDT 2005

I retrieved the CVS version of speechd-up and installed the various
components it needed. This is a Debian environment, and I am still
finding things I need to install from time to time. But the compile
failed with a problem I can't figure out.

I did this:

./build.sh, it ran okay.
./configure, that too ran okay.
make

and I get a problem in main.c, line 421, where it tells me "PIDPATH is
not defined, first use in this function, etc. The source statement is an
"if" that tries to compare VIDPATH (all caps) to a null string, but
evidently there ain't any PIDPATH.

What have I overlooked?

Thanks,
Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (99% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson