redhat fedora core 3 question and possible problem or bug

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Fri Apr 22 23:09:09 EDT 2005

Hi, I orderd and installed and updated the fedora core 3 cd set from
cheapbytes thanks! for offering threw cheapbytes.  I added a normal user
account called "nick" with the adduser command and everything worked fine.
When I exit from it I get the message kill 308 operation not permited and
then the logout message.  This does not happen with root only with normal
accounts.  Also, I noticed that when I type a capital letter my dectalk
express on com1 speaks the letter in a higher pitch which I want but then
speaks everything else in a lower voice then normal, I have to turn the unit
off then back on to restore normal speaking settings.  What is the latest
kernel version for speakup fedora core 3 and where can I download it as well
as the kernel source for this version?  Also, How do I start gnopernicus or
orca with the default synthsizer if I configure my sound card with alsamixer
then save my settings with alsactl?  My system is setup in runlevel 5.  bye
My web page is at http://www.nickgawronski.com