pdftotext error??

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Apr 22 13:09:31 EDT 2005

Yes, that's precisely what it means. There are people who seem to think
you should only be allowed to "see" their content.

The maintainer of XPDF believes the PDF flag which enforces this
behavior should be honored. Not all distributions of XPDF, however,
honor that flag. I'm pretty sure the Debian xpdf package ignores it. I'm
not sure about Fedora, but suspect it does NOT ignore it, so should be
patched and recompiled.

By the way, it is legal for a blind person in the U.S. to break such
locks, or to have someone do it for them.