Just installed Debian

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Wed Apr 20 03:33:04 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Ok, I have the Speakup install CD as well as some Debian install CDs dated Mar 05.  What I wanted to do is to use the Speakup install disk and then use the Debian install disks to get the majority of packages, and update when I have got things a little better?  I have a very slow net connection and thus updating the packages via the net is not feasible until June when I get a faster connection.

Also, if I get a Sarge DVD and do a install with the 2.6 OS, is it easy to then integrate Speakup into that or should I just stick with the 2.4 OS on the Debian Speakup CD?

Thanks.
Andrew.