Codecs for MPlayer

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Tue Apr 19 10:43:52 EDT 2005

Just out of curiosity I counted the files in the "essential" package of
codecs, and those in the "win32codec" package, and in the combined set
after eliminating duplicates. There are 68 in "essential", 126 in
"win32codec", but only 127 total when duplicates are eliminated.So there
is only one file in "essentials" that is not included in "win32codec".
The latter collection is clearly the better choice. I have not yet
figured out which file is the one added by "essential", that's a lot
harder to do.

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson