mplayer

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Tue Apr 19 06:42:22 EDT 2005

Adam,

With all my experimenting with mplayer, I seem to have the "essential"
package of 22 MB in /usr/local/lib/codecs, no longer being used, and the
win32codec package of 30 MB in /usr/lib/win32, where it is being used by
my running mplayer. The sizes would suggest that the win32 set is the
more inclusive, but the web site urges the use of "essential." What
would you recommend? If I just copy essential over the top of win32 I
might possibly lose something, plus the next time win32 is updated I
might also lose something.

Chuck.

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (76% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson