installing a deb package

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Apr 18 19:03:52 EDT 2005

Thanks Kenny, and Sean too.

Okay, for the moment I have been able to build and install mplayer
1.0-pre7 with the supplied debian script, with options to disable the
gui and the auto detection of the CPU. But still I am not getting alsa
support. Here is the list of audio output devices:

Available audio output drivers:
         mpegpes DVB audio output
         oss     OSS/ioctl audio output
         null    Null audio output
         pcm     RAW PCM/WAVE file writer audio output

Seems to me there were enough other improvements and bug fixes to
justify using 1.0-pre7 over pre6, even if it means using the oss driver,
so that is my current plan.

Now to see what kind of mileage I get with this baby.

Chuck

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Kenny Hitt wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Just type
>
> dpkg -i your_deb
>
> as root replace your_deb with the name of the locally created Debian
> package.
>
> Hope this helps.
>          Kenny
>
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 04:58:45PM -0400, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:
>> I managed to create a "deb" package on my own system, and would like to
>> install it. How do I do that?
>>
>> It ought to be obvious, but it escapes me.
>>

>> --
>> The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)
>> "Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
>> Visit my download site at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)