audio players

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Apr 18 16:48:24 EDT 2005

It seems like the package "mplayer" is a virtual package in "testing",
and the different instances of it were compiled differently. My first
effort was with "mplayer-k6" which offered alsa9 and not plain alsa, but
later I removed it and installed "mplayer-nogui" which looks like yours,
except it is 1.0-pre6 and not pre7.

I am too new to Debian to go with stable, or maybe I am just too
chicken! <smile> so I'll be patient for a while.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visit my download site at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh