audio players

jim grimsby jimgrims at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 18 12:40:41 EDT 2005

Hi,
You should also make sure you have apt-show-versions installed.  To do
this do this.
Apt-get install apt-show-versions
Now when you want to know what version of a program you have installed
you can then
Type apt-show-versions package name.
If you do not have it installed it will report that package x is not
installed.  Replace package name in the above example with the name of
the package you are looking for.
Also once you do apt-cache search package name
And you find the package you are interested  in you can type apt-cache
show package name to get more information about it.
Hth