My Linux is broken!

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Thu Apr 14 19:51:44 EDT 2005

Help,
I am/was using Debian speakup 2.4.27, and I did the following:
apt-get dist-upgrade
There was a point where it suggested I reboot, and I started to type in
reboot, and the letter R sent it into resume.
So it resumed and then it was stuck on the word pidentd and some numbers,
and I could only power off with the power button.
So it boots, but I don't know if it goes into the log-in screen, as speakup
only spits out half a word once in a while when I try to navigate the
screen.

Is it doomed?
I went through the motions of logging in, but I don't know if it went in or
if it is frozen.
Thanks for any help.
Glenn