alsa in Debian using the stock 2.4.27 kernel wasRe: hello listers

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Wed Apr 13 09:36:22 EDT 2005

Hi.
Putting the kernel source in /usr/src is considered a bad idea now days,
but it shouldn't hurt. I build my kernels as my normal user and extract
the source to a directory called kernels in my home dir.

Before you run make config, don't forget to patch the source with
speakup using the checkout script from the speakup web site.

If you stick with your current example, you would run make config while
you are in /usr/src/linux-2.6.11.7

You should also run the checkout script in the same dir.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny