alsa and kernel 2.6

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Tue Apr 12 03:10:15 EDT 2005

Hi.  the easiest way to get alsa running in Debian is to

apt-get install alsa-base

With the 2.6 kernel using alsa, that's all you should need.

Debian is a package based distro, you can build from source, but (most
of the time) can just install the package and start using the app.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny