trplayer in Debian

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Apr 11 18:32:42 EDT 2005

Lorenzo and Greg,

Thanks for the suggestion. I use mplayer here already, but there are
still a few sites that trplayer/realplayer handle that mplayer cannot,
so I often switch from one to the other.

The libstdc++6 thing led down a garden path. It was installed, but did
not solve the problem. I used another portion of the error message to
search for another library with a related name, and learned that libc6
was obsolete and replaced by something else. So I got that too, but
still no luck.

The fact is, trplayer would benefit from a recompile in this newer
environment, but doing so requires an infrastructure from Realmedia, and
I'm not sure I want to go there.

I am inclined to agree with you guys about learning to live without
trplayer and going with mplayer all the wayh.

And as for apt-get install alsa-utils <blush> I never thought of that!

Thanks

"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visit my download site at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh