hello testing 1, 2, 3

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Apr 11 15:37:07 EDT 2005

Yes indeed, there is life after Debian. Makes me wonder if there was
really any life before then! I appreciate all your help, Kirk, and will
soon be back to where I was a week ago before my unsuccessful Slackware
upgrade effort. I decided What I needed was a clean install, and instead
of going with Slackware again, I jumped ship and started with Shane's
Debian startup CD, which was without a doubt the smoothest installation
I have ever seen.

But the Debian environment is dramatically different from the Slackware
environment, or at least that is the case as far as configuration, so I
floundered and bungled and spluttered did a lot of RTFM-ing. But my
email now works with exim4, my kernel is 2.6.11.6, my speakfreely is
recompiled and working, and on and on.

Chuck

"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visit my download site at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh