Problem With apt-get update

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Apr 11 10:58:04 EDT 2005

Hi.

I get a message like that if I try to do something as a normal
user that should only be done as root.
The other time it can happen is if I am already using apt as
root in another console.
That file is what it's name says: a lock file to keep two things
from writing to the same database.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny