secure rsync question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Apr 8 10:46:15 EDT 2005

Ah, why?

These are files accessible via anonymous ftp? So, there's nothing there
to be encrypted. Your password isn't traveling anywhere on the net.

Yes, you can do -e ssh with rsync, and it's certainly advisable when
moving sensitive data, including your account password.

But, think a bit more clearly about this, please.