dvorak

LARRY SKUTCHAN lskutchan at aph.org
Fri Apr 8 09:20:41 EDT 2005

Yes, I've been using it for several years now, and I would never
consider going back.

It sure does keep other people off your keyboard, but I found that I
need a way to get the qwerty back for those times when other people want
to use my system in my account.

In Linux, I have a command called aoeu and one called asdf.  That way,
no matter which layout you have, you can switch to the other by typing
the first four letters on the left side of home row.

>>> janina at rednote.net Thursday, April 07, 2005 4:09:18 PM >>>
Wow, Larry! You've switched completely? That's fascinating. You're the
only one I know who's done that.

Funny. I was just thinking that it's easier for a blind person to
switch, because we're never going to be confused by those printed
letters on the keyboard. That also means that all we need to switch is
to load a different keymap.

How's that for keeping other people's fingers off your keyboard?

Hmmm, maybe there's some rationale here! <grin>

				Janina