FreedomBox

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Fri Apr 8 00:47:43 EDT 2005

I'm jumping in on this thread so I'm not sure what ocasioned the statement
that "freedombox is no better than freedom scientific". If you are doing
a comparison of freedombox vs. jaws, in my opinion, you are comparing
oranges to apples in the first place; since I haven't used JAWS, I can't
comment any further in this area. However, I will say that there are
numerrous websites that I can't access or can't fully use with any tool I
have in linux that work quite well for me using freedombox. So--better
than freedom scientific? That's not a comparison I am able to talk about.
But a useful tool: yes indeed, at least for my purposes. If you are
looking for one tool to do everything you want done, that replaces
everything else and removes all obstacles, I don't think it exists at this
point. Part of the skill of being a linux user--and maybe even a
linux/Windows user--is knowing what tool to employ under what
circumstances. I do know that if i suddenly couldn't use freedombox any
more as of tomorrow there would be several sites that would be completely
unmanageable for me and several others that could be managed by other
methods but which much greater difficulty. I guess what I'm trying to say
is that, depending on your needs, a choice of tools that work for you may
be more "which one when" rather than "either/or" or "better/worse".

--
Cheryl