sarge-i386.iso

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu Apr 7 20:27:22 EDT 2005

Hi.

Yep, it's the same one.  The best way to help get a 2.6 speakup kernel
is to file a bug against the current Debian speakup kernel package
requesting it.  Shane isn't the maintainer of that package, so he can't
really do anything about it.  If you include a kernel package that isn't
an official one, it will likely be replace during the install.
Building a kernel isn't that hard, and it will be good practice for you.
Since you plan to provide Linux boxes to other people, learning to build
a kernel with the kernel-package program is something you will want to
do eventually if you continue with Debian.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny