misc linux questions -- was: Re: A easier way to create cd's using easy cd creator

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Apr 7 16:07:11 EDT 2005

You can create dvd's. It works basically the same way as recording cdr
disks. Of course, it starts with the hardware interface. You need a good
driver, and not all dvd drives are supported. But, once you get that
done, it's fairly straight forward.

The person giving you advice on partitions is giving you very bad
advice. You can perfectly well have an admixture of almost any kind of
file system on your drive. People do vfat, ntfs, and ext3 all the time,
for instance.

However, I don't believe you'll find pre-digested kernels with ntfs
support very readily. I might be wrong, but the basic problem is that
ntfs is proprietary to Microsoft, so gets people nervous around the
licenses.