what is orca

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Thu Apr 7 09:40:11 EDT 2005

Hi.

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 12:11:28PM +1000, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> When I tried running orca a few weeks ago, I had no success.What exactly
> is the error you get? If it is the same as what I get, then I am not
> really sure. I can't exactly remember the error I got, but once I see
> it, I will remember.
> --

kenny at spot:~$ orca-setup
Creating .orca directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/orca-setup", line 49, in ?
      import speech
        File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/orca/speech.py", line 20,
	in ?
	    from core import ORBit, bonobo
	    RuntimeError: Can not load accessibility support

	    Gnopernicus 0.10.5 is working on the same system.

	    Thanks in advance.
	              Kenny