links 2.1 and elinks was Re: Slackware is dropping Gnome

Justin Ekis jekis at fastmail.us
Wed Apr 6 18:36:19 EDT 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 05:23:17PM -0400, Lorenzo Taylor wrote:
>Wouldn't I have to pay by the month for Freedombox?  It would be nice if I could
>just buy the software so I could surf some pages that normally give me some
>trouble in Linux text-based browsers.  But I just can't justify paying monthly
>to visit 3 or 4 sites.

The sales people at FreedomBox say you need to buy a monthly
subscription. When my trial ran out though the software told me I could
register it for $25.
I hardly ever use it because elinks works so well, but the one site
where I can't make elinks work is mlb.com. There's no radio station in
my area for my team and I just have to hear the games, so I was real glad
to discover this.

Hope this helps.

Justin