kernel 2.6.11 compile problems

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Tue Apr 5 15:02:23 EDT 2005

I fetched me a 2.6.11.6 kernel, read the README, and went laboriously
through the "make config" step the hard way.

Then, in another place besides /usr/src as instructed, I tried "make
modules" and "make" and got an identidcal error after only a couple of
statements. The error says,

Make: *** [include/config/MARKER] error.

So now what? I put the source tree in root, but I can't tell if I am
overlooking something obvious or I am working with a defective OS. I am
not making a hell of a lot of progress here.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Chuck

"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Visit my download site at http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh